CASSIDA GREASE MD 2
Specialty silicone grease for taps, valves and fittings for food and beverage processing equipment
• Outstanding resistance to washout with cold and hot water, steam, disinfectant solutions and organic solvents
• Good adhesive properties
• Neutral odour and taste
• Does not affect beer foam stability
• Excellent rubber and elastomer compatibility including EPDM seals
• Free of mineral oil components
Certifications and Specifications
• NSF H1
• WRAS (UK Water Regulations Advisory Scheme Ltd.)
CASSIDA GREASE MD 2 is a high performance silicone lubricant specially developed for the grease lubrication and sealing of tapes, valves and fittings with EPDM seals (ethylene-propylene-diene rubber) in the food and beverage processing and packaging industry, with good resistance to hot water, steam and disinfectant solutions. It is based on a very stable synthetic thickener and base fluids chosen for their ability to meet the stringent requirements of the food and beverage industry. Registered by NSF (Class H1) for use where there is potential for incidental food contact. Produced according to FLT Quality Standards, in facilities where HACCP audit and Good Manufacturing Practice have been implemented and form part of the quality and hygiene management systems ISO 9001 and ISO 21469.
• Lubricant and sealing grease for taps, valves and fittings with EPDM (ethylene-propylene-diene rubber) seals
• Recommended for the lubrication of all sorts of taps, flow meters and fittings used for the handling of water, drinks and beer, including drum filling inflow valves
• Generally applicable for tap cock or spindle valves and for rubber seals such as sleeves, membranes, O-rings seals and lip seals
• Recommended for use in sterilisers
• Not recommended for use in high speed bearings or in heavily loaded machinery
CASSIDA GREASE MD 2 is not compatible with other greases. All equipment must be carefully cleaned before applying CASSIDA GREASE MD 2.
Seal and Paint Compatibility
Compatible with EPDM and other elastomers, gaskets, seals and paints normally used in food machinery lubrication systems.
Handling and Storage
All food grade lubricants should be stored separately from other lubricants, chemical substances and foodstuffs and out of direct sunlight or other heat sources. Store between 0 °C and +40 °C. Provided that the product has been stored under these conditions we recommend that the product be used within 3 years from the date of manufacture. Upon opening a pack, the product must be used within 2 year (or within 3 years of date of manufacture, whichever is the sooner).
top of page
bottom of page